Frequently Asked Questions
Why Shop with Truwellness Online?
What is Your Ingredient Policy?
We have sourced organic and natural products that we believe are both animal & people friendly, as well as being good for the earth. We thoroughly check the ingredient lists of all products sold to ensure that there are no harmful synthetic ingredients in them. All products sold on our website list full ingredient lists so that you can be sure of what you are buying.
If you see an ingredient or product that you do not agree that we should stock – let us know. We can then explain why it passed our research or find out if research has changed since we last reviewed it. There may on occasion be issues of human error. Industry information changes all the time. Our guarantee is to react to your enquiry quickly and courteously – it is very important to us to listing products that are genuinely safe.
Is everything you sell certified organic?
Whilst we endeavour to a strict ingredient policy, we do sell natural products and organic products that have not been certified. Some ranges are still in the process of being certified or different certification bodies have different standards.
Certified Organic: These products have been certified organic by a third party Although the organic products many contain some synthetic ingredients, the certification body has concluded that the products are safe to use, and that the ingredients have been sourced from manufacturers that practice pesticide-free principles.
Non-Certified Organic: The supplier has an organic product that has not yet been certified organic, but are using some organically sourced ingredients and by looking at the ingredient lists of the products, you will be able to tell which are organic by an Asterix next to the product.
Certified Ingredients: These products have some certified organic ingredients, but the products are not yet certified.
All-Natural Ingredients: These products use only natural ingredients. Please note that we have included soaps in this category even though all soaps contain sodium hydroxide (lye.) The reason is that there is no sodium hydroxide left in the final product and it is also not possible to make soap without sodium hydroxide.
Part Natural: These products are predominantly natural but have some safe synthetic ingredients.
Are your products locally made?
We do our very best to support local where we can. In most instances of imported products, you will find that local alternatives are not yet available.
Are your products cruelty free?
We do our best to verify with our suppliers that they do not test their products or the ingredients in their products on animals. Some of our suppliers however have also got formal accreditation to back up their policy on sourcing and producing cruelty free products.
Are your products vegan?
Not all our products are strictly Vegan and some are classified as Vegetarian only.
Can you guarantee that all the products are GMO free?
There is currently only one GMO certification body in the world (The Non-GMO project in the USA) and therefore we cannot guarantee that our products are absolutely GMO free, in fact very few in the world are
We do our best not sell any products that we suspect or are aware contain GMO ingredients. We do not support the use of GMO’s.
We can however share the following guidelines with you on avoiding potentially GMO contaminated products:
· If a product is certified organic by any EU or US body you can be sure of there being less than 0.9% GMO in the product. (The 0.9% exists because trace elements of GMO can be found everywhere due to natural causes like the wind and rain contamination.) This is for instance how all the Good Life Organic products claim to be GMO free – because they are certified by EU standards.
· Certified organic products are not allowed to contain any GMOs. Therefore, when you purchase products labelled “100% organic,” “organic,” or “made with organic ingredients,” all ingredients in these products are not allowed to be produced from GMOs. For example, products labelled as “made with organic ingredients” only require 70% of the ingredients to be organic, but 100% must be non-GMO.
· Companies may voluntarily label products as “non-GMO.” Some labels state “non-GMO” while others spell out “Made Without Genetically Modified Ingredients.” Some products limit their claim to only one particular “At-Risk” ingredient such as soy lecithin, listing it as “non-GMO.”
· Most GM ingredients are in products made from corn, soybeans, canola, and cottonseed. Here is a list of GMO ingredients to avoid – some of these are found in our products.
· Corn – also labelled as: Corn flour, meal, oil, starch, gluten, and syrup. Can also be found in sweeteners such as fructose, dextrose, and glucose, and in modified food starch.
· Soy – also labelled as: Soy flour, lecithin, protein, isolate, and isoflavone.
· Canola – also labelled as: Canola oil or Rapeseed oil. Canola oil, made from the rapeseed plant, comes almost certainly from genetically engineered crops, unless the item comes from the EU, where no genetically modified crops of rapeseed exist. It is used extensively as cooking oil and in margarine, though is not a healthy oil to use due to its high levels of omega-6 fatty acids and because, like other polyunsaturated fats, goes rancid easily when heated.
· Cotton – also labelled as: Cottonseed oil. Cottonseed oil is a primary ingredient in shortening, vegetable oil and margarine, none of which are healthy fats.
· Dairy – To boost milk production, some farmers inject cows with the genetically engineered hormone rBGH or rBST. They also may be fed genetically modified food in the form of feed and hay unless the product specifically states that it is organic. Look for products that advertise themselves as rBGH- or rBST-free.
· Sugar beets – There is no way of knowing if a product labelled as containing “sugar” comes from only sugar cane or if it also includes sugar derived from beets, as labelling is not required. To avoid beet sugar look for products labelled as being made with evaporated cane sugar, 100% cane sugar; organic sugar; agave or coconut blossom sugar. Additionally, GM sugar beet sugar recently entered the food supply. Look for organic and non-GMO sweeteners, candy and chocolate products made with 100% cane sugar, evaporated cane juice, agave, or organic sugar, to avoid GM beet sugar.
· Avoid sweeteners that use aspartame. Aspartame is derived from genetically modified microorganisms and is the sweetener used in products such as NutraSweet® and Equal®. Artificial sweeteners in general are worse for your health than sugar and should be avoided whenever possible.
· Buy fruit juices that are 100% juice. Most fruit juices apart from papaya are not from GM foods, but the sweetener used in many fruit juices (and sodas as well) is high fructose corn syrup, which is almost certainly from genetically modified corn.
What are my payment options?
You will be prompted to make payment by the following methods:
· Credit Card – payments are securely processed.
· Bank Transfer – you will receive an invoice by email with our bank details and we will dispatch your order within 24hours of your payment clearing
· Cash Deposit – please note there is a 3% surcharge for this payment method
What are my delivery options?
Orders can be couriered to the vast majority of South African addresses, or you can collect your order from our business premises free of charge.
We unfortunately cannot offer courier delivery to remote areas e.g. remote farms or mines.
How long does delivery take?
We dispatch all orders, unless otherwise stated within one working day of receiving payment confirmation. If you pay via credit card we receive payment confirmation automatically as soon as you’ve paid. If you pay via EFT or bank deposit, your order will only be dispatched within 24 hours of your payment clearing
Courier delivery takes 2 to 5 working days depending on the order’s destination.
Courier deliveries are made Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. There are no deliveries on weekends or public holidays. If you live in a main city centre, your order will take between 2-5 days. If you live in a remote area it could take up to 7 days. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team if you wish to get a more exact estimate.
The delivery charge for courier delivery varies depending on where the order is going:
Our system will offer you the appropriate charge based on your delivery address during the checkout process. If the courier service option is not displayed it means that you want your order delivered to a remote area where we can unfortunately not offer delivery via courier service. If delivery is to a main centre and you are not offered the courier delivery option please let us know so that we can double check if the service is available for your post code and we can update our system.
What happens if an item I ordered is out of stock?
If this happens we will contact you within one working day to notify you and to give you options e.g. swop for another similar product etc. We will always do our best to get the products you desire to you as soon as possible and that you will be kept informed at all times.
Where does Truwellness deliver to?
We deliver to any address in South Africa.
What happens if there is no one home when a courier delivery is attempted?
Courier deliveries are made Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, so you should always provide a delivery address where there will be an appropriate person to sign for the delivery during these times. If there is no one around to accept the delivery, the courier company will contact the recipient via telephone so that a new delivery day can be arranged.
Do I have to receive a courier delivery personally?
Anyone at the delivery address can accept the delivery. In order for us to prove that delivery of an order has been completed, we do not have to prove that you personally received the goods, but rather that any person at the delivery address signed for the delivery.
Can I track my order?
We will email you your parcel’s tracking information the first working day after we send it e.g. if the parcel’s leaves our premises on Tuesday you will receive your tracking information via email on Wednesday morning. You can then track your parcel on the courier website.
Can I place an order for delivery in South Africa if I am not in South Africa?
You can place an order for delivery in South Africa no matter where you are in the world. Simply ensure that the billing address you list is a South African one, even if paying with an international card.
What do I do if I receive goods damaged or broken in transit?
If you do not receive your order in mint condition or if anything is broken or damaged please let us know immediately so that we can ensure the situation is rectified. By nature, goods are occasionally damaged in transit, and there is no question that these will be replaced. Please send us a photo of the damaged goods prior to opening it.
What do I do if I wish to return something I purchased?
You are welcome to return any good purchased within 7 days of receiving the item. We can only accept goods for return that are still in their original unopened packaging. You will have to pay to have the item couriered or posted back to us, but as soon as we receive it, we will issue you a credit note. We have a 10% handling fee.
Refunds are dealt with on a case-by-case basis and are generally processed within 3 working days.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not accept returns of any feminine hygiene, menstrual or intimate products such as reusable pads, menstrual cups and sponges, yoni eggs or underwear.